Hello World,
    Just got 5.3-RELEASE installed yesterday on this system and was
cvsup'ing to 5-STABLE today. Used the following process, based on
/usr/src/UPDATING (as well as the countless times I've done this
before), and got the error below during 'installworld'. I did this
same update (from 5.3-RELEASE to 5.4-PRERELEASE) a week ago and it
worked fine, however I also noticed that mergemaster -p wanted a few
user accounts setup prior to installworld, related to pf/pfauth - that
no longer seems to be a requirement so I'm concerned I missed a step
or made some other bonehead move that I'm not aware of.

cvsup'ed w/ the following basic values in supfile (no, this is not the
entirety of the file)
*default host=cvsup17.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/var/db
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# cd /usr/src
# make buildworld
# make buildkernel KERNCONF=GENERIC
# mergemaster -p
# make installkernel KERNCONF=GENERIC
# make installworld

At this point - it gets started and then dies here:
<snip>
>>> Installing everything
cd /usr/src; make -f Makefile.inc1 install
===> share/info
===> include
creating osreldate.h from newvers.sh
touch: not found
*** Error code 127

Stop in /usr/src/include.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
</snip>

I've check through the archives - not exhaustively - and found a few
references to the "touch: not found" error - but nothing which led me
toward getting this fixed.

Ideas? Perhaps a better place to ask? At this point - I've got the
kernel installed and can't get world installed - I could cvsup back to
-RELEASE and get back to a safe state, but I'd rather get this little
wrinkle worked out.

Thanks,
Aaron