Hi,

On 06/28/2017 11:54, Torsten Zuehlsdorff wrote:

> On 28.06.2017 17:41, Matthias Fechner wrote:
>> Hi Steve,
>>

>> regarding the comment here:
>> https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitaly/issues/154#note_33314534
>>
>> I think gitlab should work with version 1.4.0, but I think a test is
>> always a good idea.

Ok, sounds good.

> Thanks for your time Steve! To add something to Matthias comment: there
> is already a devel/grpc port, which seems to be very similar to the
> needed rubygem. Maybe this could help us?

Yeah, I've updated the port to use the grpc from the port instead of the
bundled one. See attached (let me know if it doesn't come through).
There's still at least one problem with this because I'm also removing
the bundled ssl certs. I think it should use the ones from ca_root_nss
instead, I'm working on that. But first I want to figure out how to run
the tests and that's taking a little extra time because the Gemfile
isn't included with the gem itself. Also, I'm sure the grpc developers
would consider this all wrong, but for us I think it's the right path.

Steve