Igor Mozolevsky wrote this message on Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 19:17 +0000:
> On 10 December 2017 at 19:02, John-Mark Gurney <j...@funkthat.com> wrote:
>
> > Igor Mozolevsky wrote this message on Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 17:39 +0000:
> > > On 10 December 2017 at 17:32, John-Mark Gurney <j...@funkthat.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > <snip>

> > freebsd-update
> > currently
> > http.
> > >
> > > There has been no instance of in-transit compromise reported since SVN
> > was
> > > introduced.
> >
> > So, you require an exploit in the wild before you'll patch?
>
> No, I'm saying it's not a realistic threat model! If the threat is the
> integrity of the source code in transit, then it'd be way cheaper and way
> more reasonable to implement a Merkle Tree-like verification with each
> revision.

Then you should be fine w/ http for banking sites, since it's not realistic
that your ISP will MITM your connection to steal money from you, right?
I don't know of a single instance of an ISP MITM'ing banking transactions
to steal money.

--
  John-Mark Gurney                              Voice: +1 415 225 5579