> One nice feature of ZFS I have discovered is with USB flash media. You
> are not typically supposed to write much to that media, but using UFS on
> USB sticks is awful. On contrary, when used with ZFS, the USB sticks
> behave much differently, because ZFS will group writes and not do silly
> things like issue lots of 512 byte writes. So, you may have complete
> development system on an USB stick, or a pair of these. The only real
> trouble with USB stisks is that some motherboards behave unpredictable
> as to boot order, but this is improving.

I would second this - I have a USB 'rescue' stick with ZFS on root
thats works very nicely. I also compress most of the ZFS filesystem
on there (aside from the bits needed to boot) as that also improves
performance due to making less reads and writes on the flash drive.
It's a very nice tool to have in ones jacket pocket :-)

-pete.