On 30 May 2012 19:20, David Chisnall <thera...@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> This is off-topic, so please feel free to disregard it, but I'm sending it to
> this list in the hope that it will reach a largish number of users.
>
> I am currently looking at updating some of our advocacy material (which
> advertises exciting new features like SMP support), and before I do I'd like
> to get a better feel for why the rest of you are using FreeBSD.  If you had
> to list the three things you most like about FreeBSD, which would you pick?
> Are they the same as when you first started using it?

You might not have wanted opinions from developers... but

1) Complete base system-- if I mess up badly with ports I can delete
them all and still have a usable system to recover from

2) Simplicity of configuration-- mostly configured with flat text
files rather than directories full of conf files

3) Friendly community; easy to get support from people who really know
what they're doing.

Chris