I just need to run a tool like iperf and let it run. After about 1-2 hours my
nic will just hang
without any messages. I can't even ping the machine anymore. I also installed
Solaris to check
if it's maybe a FreeBSD problem but it's the same there.

The support told me that they know about problems with the nics and the BIOS
version 2.0
but that the new update should fix it.

Which BIOS version do you have?

Sebastian Stach