On Jul 1, 2015, at 05:18 , Fabian Keil <freebsd-lis...@fabiankeil.de> wrote:
> Does it make a difference if you boot with hw.bge.allow_asf=0?
>
> According to the man page it is known to "cause system lockup problems
> on a small number of systems". It's not obvious to me why it's enabled
> by default on FreeBSD and I disable it on all my systems.

  I'm not sure what it does, even.  But, it doesn't seem to make a difference.
The kernel I've been running (DDB version of r279722 from Mar 7 2015)
panic's in the same way when that's set via the loader by hand, or put into
loader.conf.

  Thanks for the suggestion.  Sadly not related (causally).

                                       - Chris