Kurt Lidl <l...@pix.net> wrote:

> > [-stable@ in CC since these are the first 10.2-PRERELEASE builds
> > available since the code slush went into effect, which marks the start
> > of the release cycle.]
> >
> > New FreeBSD development branch installation ISOs and virtual machine
> > disk images have been uploaded to the FTP mirrors.
> >
> > As with any development branch, the installation snapshots are not
> > intended for use on production systems.  We do, however, encourage
> > testing on non-production systems as much as possible.
>
> I was able to download the sparc64 iso image, burn the iso to a
> cd-rom, and boot a sparc64 V120 from that image.
>
> I was also able to perform an install onto a ZFS only setup,
> and have it work properly.

On i386, the ZFS-only installation reproducible works after the
first reboot but after the first reboot panics while importing
the root pool.

The problem seems to be that the GENERIC kernel is build with
clang but KSTACK_PAGES has not been adjusted according to UPDATING:

| 20121223:
|        After switching to Clang as the default compiler some users of ZFS
|        on i386 systems started to experience stack overflow kernel panics.
|        Please consider using 'options KSTACK_PAGES=4' in such configurations.

If the issue can't be addressed before the release it may be
worth mentioning it in the release notes.

Fabian