On 06/10/2015 19:03, Jim Harris wrote:

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 9:42 AM, Steven Hartland <kill...@multiplay.co.uk <mailto:kill...@multiplay.co.uk>> wrote:

    Also looks like nvme exposes a timeout_period sysctl you could try
    increasing that as it could be too small for a full disk TRIM.

    Under CAM SCSI da support we have a delete_max which limits the
    max single request size for a delete it may be we need something
    similar for nvme as well to prevent this as it should still be
    chunking the deletes to ensure this sort of thing doesn't happen.

See attached.  Sean - can you try this patch with TRIM re-enabled in ZFS?

I would be curious if TRIM passes without this patch if you increase the timeout_period as suggested.

-Jim

Interesting does the nvme spec not provide information from the device as to what its optimal / max deallocate request size should be like the ATA spec exposes?

    Regards
    Steve