Some more information about your enviroment would be helpful:
1. What revision of stable/10 are you running?
2. What workloads are you running?
3. What's the output of procstat -k -k when this happens (assuming its possible to run)? 4. What's the output of sysctl -a |grep vnode, usually and when this happens?

    Regards
    Steve