Just want to chip in that I also experience the same issue. This is my home firewall running squid/unbound/isc-bind/isc-dhcpd/pf/zfs.
Have a couple of tmpfs and NFSv4 mounts.
Was about to order new hardware since I thought it might be failing, lol. Haven't had time to hook up a monitor/console, but generate some load on the machine after a day or so of uptime and it feels as IO has just stuck and a reboot is necessery. Actually managed to update it yesterday, after a pre-reboot procedure.

I have noticed vfs.numvnodes constanly rising to maxvnodes, so I bump that a bit.

# uname -a
FreeBSD brand.henriklidstrom.se 10.3-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 10.3-PRERELEASE #15 r295126M: Mon Feb 1 22:16:50 CET 2016 r...@brand.henriklidstrom.se:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BRAND amd64
# sysctl -a | grep vnodes
kern.maxvnodes: 300000