You can indeed tune things here are the relevant sysctls:
sysctl -a | grep trim |grep -v kstat
vfs.zfs.trim.max_interval: 1
vfs.zfs.trim.timeout: 30
vfs.zfs.trim.txg_delay: 32
vfs.zfs.trim.enabled: 1
vfs.zfs.vdev.trim_max_pending: 10000
vfs.zfs.vdev.trim_max_active: 64
vfs.zfs.vdev.trim_min_active: 1
vfs.zfs.vdev.trim_on_init: 1

    Regards
    Steve

On 05/04/2018 15:08, Eugene M. Zheganin wrote:
Hi,

I have a production iSCSI system (on zfs of course) with 15 ssd disks and it's often suffering from TRIMs.

Well, I know what TRIM is for, and I know it's a good thing, but sometimes (actually often) I'm seeing my disks in gstat are overwhelmed by the TRIM waves, this looks like a "wave" of 20K 100%busy delete operations starting on first pool disk, then reaching second, then third,... - at the time it reaches the 15th disk the first one if freed from TRIM operations, and in 20-40 seconds this wave begins again.

I'm also having a couple of iSCSI issues that I'm dealing through bounty with, so may be this is related somehow. Or may be not. Due to some issues in iSCSI stack my system sometimes reboots, and then these "waves" are stopped for some time.

So, my question is - can I fine-tune TRIM operations ? So they don't consume the whole disk at 100%. I see several sysctl oids, but they aren't well-documented.

P.S. This is 11.x, disks are Toshibas, and they are attached via LSI HBA.

Thanks.

Eugene.