On 2019-11-24 21:01, Chris Gordon wrote:

Just my 2c...

Since updating to Catalina, I've found lots of problems dealing with SMB using
the Finder window and the items under the Locations side bar.  For instance:
- Mount a share.  At some point overnight when nothing is using it, the share
is unmounted.  I can't find anything in the logs to say why, when, what, etc.
Just unmounted.

I've got a customer who apparently is hit by the same problem: he boots his Mac in the morning and says in the afternoon (some of?) the shares are disconnected with no apparent reasons.
I've yet to go and investigate this, but:
a) I *think* (not sure) he uses the side bar (although I told him to use Command-K);
b) his Mac has NOT been upgraded to Catalina yet.

 bye
        av.