I'm actually in shock that you would propose such a thing!

Many wysiwyg web builders still use ftp as their publishing mechanism.  I'd
bet that most freebsd servers out there have ftpd enabled, but of course
that's just my opinion.  I really wish it would do secure ftp, but that's
another discussion...

My vote is don't remove it from base.

On Sat, Apr 3, 2021 at 1:40 PM Ed Maste <ema...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> I propose deprecating the ftpd currently included in the base system
> before FreeBSD 14, and opened review D26447
> (https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26447) to add a notice to the man page.
> I had originally planned to try to do this before 13.0, but it dropped
> off my list. FTP is not nearly as relevant now as it once was, and it
> had a security vulnerability that secteam had to address.
>
> I'm happy to make a port for it if anyone needs it. Comments?

Mike Lempriere, Perennial Vintners 206-780-2146
Vintners.net/cell/txt 206-200-5902