On Fri, 16 Apr 2021, Andrea Brancatelli wrote:

I was experiencing the same problem and modified freebsd-update's config file
to point directly to one of the other server, can't remember
if update1 or update2 and it was faaaaast.

I just tried update1 and it really was considerably faster. Might have been a
coincidence... I'll see when I do the next updates in a few days.

Anyway this should be something I'd like the freebsd-update utility to by
itsself: Choose a fast mirror. Or at least have a documented way on how to
adjust this instead of trial and error.

Regards
Ferdinand