Matt,

Sadly the FreeBSD guys will need more info before a fix is possible. I would suggest you revert back to FreeBSD 5.3, if you can. Even if you get a patch you'd want to do a whole lot of regression testing before putting it in production as it might break something else.

Gary,

Do you know what the chances are that this problem I'm experiencing is SMP related? I don't mind turning off SMP, and I guess I could for now to see if that runs stable. Otherwise, I think we're going to switch to OpenBSD, because these crashes are occuring so frequently (twice a day)... and as far as the patch and regression testing, if someone sent me a patch right now I would put it on the server, because the server already crashes daily, so a faulty patch wouldn't change much :-(.

I appreciate your response. I'm going to do a little more research today before i make my decision on a platform switch.

-Matt