Axel,

Hi, I was reading your post in regards to installing FreeBSD on the BladeCenter that you made to freebsd-stable. I've also been trying installing FreeBSD on the BladeCenter. During my installs, it hangs during the SCSI disk probes (Waiting for SCSI disks to settle). That should only take 5 seconds, but it sits there for a long time. I have some questions:

1. Disabling acpi. What happens for you if acpi is not disabled? I never tried this, and I'm not sure if this fixes anything or not. What did it do for you?

2. Keyboard. Have you tried BETA4? I think the new kbdmux stuff will mean that the keyboard does not need to be disabled. 3. ispfw. I tried both with and without the firmware. I didn't make any difference. It would still hang. What kind of storage are you installing onto? I'm working with an IBM DS400 (aka T600).

Tom Samplonius
Uniserve