At 05:59 AM 17/07/2006, Johan Ström wrote:

On 17 jul 2006, at 00.53, Mike Tancsa wrote:

At 03:02 PM 14/07/2006, Miroslav Lachman wrote:

After reboot (command reboot), system boot up with both disks
attached and start autosynchronization. I do not know, if this is
hw or sw error, I got

Install the smartmontools from

/usr/ports/sysutils/smartmontools/

and post the output of
smartctl -a /dev/ad8

I tried this on my SATA disk ad6:
=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
Model Family:     Maxtor MaXLine III family
Device Model:     Maxtor 7L300S0
Serial Number:    L60CJKPH
Firmware Version: BANC1G10
User Capacity:    300,090,728,448 bytes
Device is:        In smartctl database [for details use: -P show]
ATA Version is:   7
ATA Standard is:  ATA/ATAPI-7 T13 1532D revision 0
Local Time is:    Mon Jul 17 11:54:35 2006 CEST
SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.
SMART support is: Enabled
SMART Error Log Version: 1
No Errors Logged

Any other output from smartctl that can help? Both my ad4 and ad6 are
the same.

This at least rules out the disks being bad for the most part. It still could be bad cables, but if you changed those out than its doubtful. Perhaps try updating to RELENG_6 ? If its a gmirror issue, I think there have been a number of fixes.

---Mike