On Tuesday 17 July 2007 09:39:59 Volker wrote:
> The root zone MUST be of type hint. You do not want to be a slave of
> the root... don't you? ;)

Actually, I also thought that this is strange, but in a way, this is pretty
sensible, as the only thing you cache (more immediately than by making it a
hint zone) being a slave for the root is the name servers used for the
different first-level zones, and the root servers allow AXFR requests (which
I just verified), so this shouldn't fail.

--
Heiko Wundram
Product & Application Development

Beenic Networks GmbH