Josh Endries wrote:
Hello,

I'm buying a new server and will put 6.3 on it and would like to use SAS; normally I use 3ware SATA. I've been reading a lot including man pages but can't seem to find definitive information on SAS cards that are well-supported and work well. I've found reports that cards listed in man pages don't seem to work, and confusion about chips/cards. Does anyone have experience with recent SAS cards or machines with integrated chips?

LSI, Highpoint, Areca, 3ware, and Adaptec are all well supported in FreeBSD.

Scott