Josh Endries wrote:
Hi Scott,

Scott Long wrote:
LSI, Highpoint, Areca, 3ware, and Adaptec are all well supported in FreeBSD.

Are they? I don't see any reference to the LSI8708, LSI8888 or LSI1068 in the man pages I can find...does anyone use these? Some people have problems with the PERC 6/i (which I think is an LSI), which makes me wonder.
<SNIP>

The problems I have seen reported about this are due to the use of FDISK partitions on arrays larger than 2TB. I have yet to see a report about a real fault with the mfi driver (on stable@ and current@ at least).

Tom