On Thu, 22 May 2008 10:02:08 +0300
Andriy Gapon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But, by the way, there is a (slightly) more valid reason to want to
> create a directory under /dev, I recently had it. For one non-standard
> third-party application I needed to create a link to existing device in
> a certain subdirectory. I.e.:
> /dev/subdirX/device -> /dev/deviceX
> And I couldn't do that.
> Or maybe link operation for devfs just needs to be taught about creating
> subdirectories on demand. I don't know.

you can create links with devfs - man devfs.conf
[...]
link    This action creates a symbolic link named arg that points to
             devname, the name of the device created by devfs(5).
[..]

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

...using the internet as it was originally intended... for the further research
of pornography and pipebombs.

Warned.