Fredrik Lindberg wrote:
Marcin Cieslak wrote:

It maybe a good idea to add 0xFFF to the usbdevs.
Does the "umass" driver attach to the 0xFFF device? I would recommend adding this as a quirk to umass.c then.

There are patches attached (ubsa.c_patch, umass_c.patch, usbdevs.patch) I am using to kill the "zeroconf" CD on the UMTS. They do not always work - i.e. umass_attach does not wait until the device is really detached. But setting USB_DEBUG helps :-)

Since your patches deals with Option cards I'll just let you know that
all(?) Option based devices can be switched perfectly safe from
user land, without patching ubsa, using camcontrol.
The command to switch Option devices is a SCSI REZERO command.

This should be enough to switch the device, given that pass0
is the modem (use camcontrol devlist)

camcontrol cmd pass0 -c “01 00 00 00 00 00″ -i 1 i1

camcontrol might give you an error but the device will be switched.
Note that this is ONLY for Option based devices, I don't know about
the Sierra ones but the linux usb_modeswitch tool might be a good start.

Fredrik

Hi Fredrik,

This does not seem to work for me with the sierra usb device.
usbdevs -v
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), VIA(0x0000),
rev 1.00
port 1 powered
port 2 addr 2: full speed, power 100 mA, config 1, USB MMC Storage(0x0fff),
Sierra Wireless(0x1199), rev 0.00

camcontrol devlist -v
scbus0 on umass-sim0 bus 0:
<Aircard TRU-Install 2.31>         at scbus0 target 0 lun 0 (cd0,pass0)
<Sierra Wireless Storage 2.31>     at scbus0 target 0 lun 1 (pass1,da0)

camcontrol cmd pass1 -c '01 00 00 00 00 00' -i 1 i1
camcontrol: error sending command
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /usr/ports]# camcontrol devlist -v
scbus0 on umass-sim0 bus 0:
<Aircard TRU-Install 2.31>         at scbus0 target 0 lun 0 (cd0,pass0)
<Sierra Wireless Storage 2.31>     at scbus0 target 0 lun 1 (pass1,da0)

Still shows as cd device.

usbdevs -v
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), VIA(0x0000),
rev 1.00
port 1 powered
port 2 addr 2: full speed, power 100 mA, config 1, USB MMC Storage(0x0fff),
Sierra Wireless(0x1199), rev 0.00

Thanks,
Steve