On Wed, 4 Aug 2010, Marcin Cieslak wrote:
How-To-Repeat:

Use command:

# avrdude -c arduino -p m328p -P /dev/cuaU0 -v

avrdude: Version 5.10, compiled on Aug  3 2010 at 23:59:35
        Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
        Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

        System wide configuration file is "/usr/local/etc/avrdude.conf"
        User configuration file is "/root/.avrduderc"
        User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file,
skipping

        Using Port                    : /dev/cuaU0
        Using Programmer              : arduino
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

Steven Kreuzer and I had that type of problem when working on the devel/arduino port, but eventually ironed them out (AFAIK).

If you install the port and set build.verbose=true and upload.verbose=true in ~/.arduino/preferences.txt, you should be able to see what options it uses. My hunch is a 19200 or 57600 baud rate, but I can't swear to that, and it's been some time since I tried it.