On Thu Aug 26 10, Jim Bryant wrote:
> when you had to press it twice, was that only for the first attempt, and
> did pressing it once after that turn it off?  and once after that, on?

exactly. it might be a bit easier to understand if i explain it this way:

instance        |       num lock led    |       number keys working
--------------- | --------------------- | -------------------------
no key press    |       on              |       no
1st key press   |       on              |       no
2nd key press   |       off             |       no
3rd key press   |       on              |       yes
4th key press   |       off             |       no
5th key press   |       on              |       yes

(key press refering to the num lock key)

cheers.
alex

--
a13x