On Mon, 21 Feb 2011, Brandon Gooch wrote:

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Brandon Gooch
<jamesbrandongo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yeah, I got that message.  Not connecting and not getting an serial
console is a bit different.  From the output above it looks like
random garbage on the serial port.

Try connecting to all different serial ports (without uhsoctl running)
with minicom or cu and try typing AT<enter>. (The diagnostic port
doesn't work, so skip that one).

I just encountered a panic when the driver attaches after plugging in
the device.

The panic stems from uhso_attach(), and seems due to my kernel having
the VIMAGE option compiled in -- it doesn't panic on my non-VIMAGE
kernel (which I need to rebuild to continue helping debug).

I'm trying to get a textdump ATM...

Looks like I exceeded the VNET if_indexlim in /usr/src/sys/net/if.c on line 190:

static VNET_DEFINE(int, if_indexlim) = 8;

Maybe I'll bump it up and give it another go...

Bjoern, is there any reason I shouldn't be able to increase the number
from 8 to say, 16?

I am lacking context reading about serial ports and network

If you create a network interface from USB you are currently running
into the problem that CURVNETs are not properly setup.  The indexlim,
should just increase itself up to 64k if needed - see if_grow() in

         Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.