On 05/04/2011 01:04 AM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 May 2011 00:29:32 free...@johnea.net wrote:
>>> Could you try 8-stable?
>> I've always used binary updates on this machine.  What about 8.2?
> Then you would need to wait for 8.3.

Just as a matter of trying to understand USB under FreeBSD:

How did this become broken after it was corrected in 7.3?

The quirk prevents the conflict between hid and ugen (which occurred in 7.1),
Why can't 8.1 recognize the device?

Sorry for the multiple questions, I'm just trying to understand what's
happening under the hood so I'm better prepared to debug on my own in the
future. I have a modest understanding of udev under linux creating the /dev
node when the device enumerates, I'm just trying to put together that level of
knowledge for FreeBSD as well.

Thank you so much for your replies Hans!