On Wednesday 20 July 2011 14:30:37 Peer Stritzinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is ist possible to power-cycle the HUB port of a USB device by
> programmatic means (via script or libusb or some ioctl)?
>
> It would be perfect if I could power-off/on just a certain device but
> it would also help to power-cycle all devices on a HUB.

Hi,

Using the usbconfig utility in 8 stable and 9 current, you can set the
configuration to 255 which means unconfigured and then 0 for the root HUB. For
non-root HUBs you can BUS-reset the devices usbconfig -d X.Y reset or
set_config aswell. There is also a power_off command, but your device might
not come back after that.