On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 5:55 PM, Hans Petter Selasky <hsela...@c2i.net> wrote:
>> Since power-cycling needs to reset the HUB I now have the problem to
>> find out on which HUB in the system my device hangs.
>>
>> There are two HUB's on the same root HUB and I don't want to
>> power-cycle all devices.  Is there a way to learn the physical
>> structure of a USB bus?
>
> devinfo
>
> Address 1 is always the root HUB.

Tried this already but it only shows the hubs but none of my devices
because they have no driver (custom built USB devices, only talk to
them via libusb).

e.g.

          usbus3
            uhub3
              uhub4 pnpinfo vendor=0x0424 product=0x2514 devclass=0x09
devsubclass=0x00 sernum="" release=0x0bb3 intclass=0x09
intsubclass=0x00 at port=7 interface=0
              uhub5 pnpinfo vendor=0x0424 product=0x2514 devclass=0x09
devsubclass=0x00 sernum="" release=0x0bb3 intclass=0x09
intsubclass=0x00 at port=8 interface=0

There is one of the devices attached either to uhub4 or uhub5 (visible
in usbconfig) but nothing shown in devinfo (even with -v).

-- Peer