Hi,

Apologies if this is a kind of off-topic for this list - since it does not have anything to do with FreeBSD.

The external USB-hubs (v2.0) that I've come across comes in two categories:

Some are willing to deliver power (500mA pr. connector) even if the hub isn't connected to a computer - and some that doesn't do this - the hubs that I have purchased from Dlink falls into the last category.

I looking for an USB hub that is willing to deliver power without it beeing connected to a computer in order to drive some external units - no it is not a mobile-phone ;-)

Could anyone give me a hint what specs to look for ? - before I actually buy another hub - the Dlink ones were not a success...

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards Uffe Jakobsen