On 11/15/2011 21:48, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

I will get those delay changes into the mainline code.

http://svn.freebsd.org/changeset/base/227541

The hz / 250 should not be changed. That is defined by USB I think.

Only after reading the discussion of you with mdf@ concerning that commit, I realized that I have kern.hz=100 in /boot/loader.conf, too, and that never before caused trouble for me using USB devices, either.

I got that from http://wiki.freebsd.org/TuningPowerConsumption while I was on 7 or 8 , but I guess power consumption tuning should be different on 9 with the new timers and I have to rethink that, soon.

That Wiki page should be changed, if the recommendations are in violation with proper USB functionality.

Anyhow, does that change anything? Shall I increase kern.hz before anything else?

Cheers,
Jan Henrik