On Wednesday 01 February 2012 02:51:12 Anthony Lemmer wrote:
> Greetings,
> I'm failing to install FreeBSD 9R via USB, as I'm stuck at *mountroot
> *after a long list of USB_ERR_TIMEOUT messages, after the kernel loads
> USB.
> I personally do not have any viable disk drives for my computer, thusly
> I've been attempting an installation of FreeBSD 9R via USB. I wrote the
> FreeBSD 9R
> IMG<ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/amd64/ISO-
> FreeBSD-9.0-RELEASE-amd64-memstick.img>using Win32
> Disk
> Imager<http://launchpad.net/win32-image-
> imager-binary.zip>in Windows 7. My motherboard is an Asus P4N-D. My USB
> flash drive is a Dane-Elec, 4 GB.
> Regards,
> Anthony Lemmer

Does umass print any error messages?

Which SCSI commands are failing?

There is a possibility to add quirks for "broken" mass storage devices
which have only been tested with Microsoft's XP.

See usbconfig dump_quirk_names.

All quirks are in the usb_quirk.ko

It is currently not possible to set any mass storage quirks before