On 22/04/2012, at 14:34, Yuri wrote:
> I am looking at the USB webcam device that doesn't work on BSD (stalls).
> I have the log of linux USB communcation to the same device, where it works
> fine.
>
> Is there a way I can send the particular requests to USB device through
> script, as a debugging facility, so that I can easily change what is sent,
> compare what is received to what I have in log, and make changes?

AFAIK there are no shell commands for this, however you can get libusb bindings
for Python, Ruby, etc..

> I know that kernel also sends some requests to the USB device, and I would
> like to disable this in such case.

If there is no driver then the kernel will only enumerate it which is the bare
minimum to give it an address and read out the configuration descriptors.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum