The following reply was made to PR usb/167847; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Christopher J. Ruwe" <>
Subject: Re: usb/167847: [ural] dlink dwl-122g e crashes(?) when trying wap2
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 19:01:50 +0200

 I have followed your suggestion replacing hostapd.conf with yours and
 removing the wlan-startup from rc.conf. Additionally, I have compiled
 the required drivers (if_run and ural, wlan*) into the kernel.
 The problem of sluggish network traffic after enabling the module is
 gone as well as any statements requiring wlan_amrr to be loaded
 manually. The problem of not being able to connect persists.
 ifconfig wlan0 gives
 wlan0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
         ether b8:a3:86:97:c1:ec
         media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect mode 11g <hostap>
         status: running
         ssid bsdap channel 1 (2412 MHz 11g) bssid b8:a3:86:97:c1:ec
         country US authmode WPA2/802.11i privacy MIXED deftxkey 2
         AES-CCM 2:128-bit txpower 0 scanvalid 60 protmode CTS wme
         dtimperiod 1 -dfs