On 06/04/12 01:29, Engineering wrote:
           if (id != 0)
                        copyin(ugd->ugd_data,&id, 1);
                 error = uhid_set_report(sc, ugd->ugd_report_type, id,
                     NULL, ugd->ugd_data, imin(ugd->ugd_maxlen, size));

Hans is right. That code should do the trick. Last year I've fixed uhid
driver to handle multiple report IDs. Even user-level tools are able to
do it now. "id != 0" should be correct condition. According to HID spec,
if device has at least one non-zero report ID, report ID should be
included into any transfer. So now uhid driver assumes that report ID
should be in the first byte of request, if it found some non-zero ID in
descriptor.

Thanks to all for your help, I have it working, and am very happy to be up
to date in BSD.

For the record, one of my HID had different report IDs AND different report
sizes, so I had to add my hack to send the size for it to work correctly.

That should also work fine now. uhid driver only enforces maximal transfer sizes calculated from the descriptor. User can request smaller transfers, specifying size in ugd.ugd_maxlen field. Look at hid_(get|set)_report() functions in lib/libusbhid sources.

The bonus with that is that my touchscreen, which has badly ported HID code
from the original USB firmware, and does not correctly report its report
sizes, can also work with uhid.

--
Alexander Motin