Hi,

I have now one success and one failure.

I inserted these into the corresponding files:

usbdevs:

vendor VIALabs   0x2109 VIA Labs

product TOSHIBA TransMemory      0x6545 USB ThumbDrive
product VIALabs USB30SATABridge 0x0700  USB 3.0 SATA Bridge

usb_quirks.c

        USB_QUIRK(TOSHIBA, TransMemory, 0x0000, 0xffff, UQ_MSC_NO_SYNC_CACHE),
        USB_QUIRK(VIALabs, USB30SATABridge, 0x0000, 0xffff,
UQ_MSC_NO_SYNC_CACHE),

Toshiba was already defined. The constants were taken from what usbconfig
reported.

When I enter now the quirk at the command line, it works for both devices.

When I compile them into the kernel, it only works for the Toshiba device.

Is there anything else I have to consider for a quirk which works from the
command line?

Erich