Hi Hans,

On Tuesday, July 03, 2012 01:32:04 AM Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Sunday 01 July 2012 02:02:03 Erich Dollansky wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Saturday, June 30, 2012 10:02:21 PM Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > > On Saturday 30 June 2012 11:46:10 Erich Dollansky wrote:
> > >
> > > You can try to look at the Linux XHCI driver, and the port switching
> > > support they have. It appears that because many old OS'es does not
> > > support USB 3.0 out of the box, mainboards come with EHCI + XHCI and
> > > this requires some magic bit fidling, which is not in the FreeBSD XHCI
> > > driver.
> >
> > I think that this is plain device dependent. I got meanwhile one device
> > working. I used the quirks. I wonder why they are needed for 3 but not for
> > 2 to make the device working.
> >
> > If I find the time, I will do some tests with the other devices.
> >
> > Erich
> Do you want me to commit that quirk you made, or do you have more quirks?

this would be perfect. Here are my additions for the moment:

File: usb_quirk.c

        USB_QUIRK(TOSHIBA, TransMemory, 0x0000, 0xffff, UQ_MSC_NO_SYNC_CACHE),
        USB_QUIRK(VIALabs, USB30SATABridge, 0x0000, 0xffff,

I think that I found the 'problem' i mentioned before. It was a typo. The two
lines above work now on my machine.

File: usbdevs

vendor VIALabs   0x2109 VIA Labs

product TOSHIBA TransMemory      0x6545 USB ThumbDrive
product VIALabs USB30SATABridge 0x0700  USB 3.0 SATA Bridge

If you could also add this:

product HUAWEI ETS2055          0x1803  CDMA modem

and in u3g.c

This adds support for a very rare modem manufactured by Huawei and used by an
ISP in Indonesia.

The modem is in use on an 8.3 machine. The two storage devices are only used
since a few days as backup devices on my X220. It would be good if we find
somebody else with the same devices for testing.

I still have to storage devices I did not get up and running yet.