>Number:         173722
>Category:       usb
>Synopsis:       XHCI driver bug after suspend to ram (ACPI S3 mode)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
After entering and waking up from suspend to ram aka ACPI S3 state, the dmesg
get flooded with "xhci_interrupt: host controller halted", and my USB3.0 device
stops working.

(It is a external hard disk drive, and the device node just vanished and won't
re-appear)

My USB2.0 and 1.x devices however do still work.

It seems that i can provoke the generation of these "xhci_interrupt: host
controller halted" messages by typing on my USB-2.0-Keyboard or by moving my
USB-2.0-Mouse.
>How-To-Repeat:
- Start up FreeBSD
- Plug in USB3.0 Harddisk
- It will work.
- sudo acpiconf -S 3
- re-awake the computer
- ls /dev/ tells you that the harddisk is gone
- dmesg tells you the "xhci_interrupt: host controller halted" messages.
- replug the harddisk
- it still does not work.