The following reply was made to PR usb/176417; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wouter Oosterveld <wouter.oosterv...@trimm.nl>
To: 'Hans Petter Selasky' <hsela...@c2i.net>
Cc: "freebsd-usb@freebsd.org" <freebsd-usb@freebsd.org>,
        "freebsd-gnats-sub...@freebsd.org" <freebsd-gnats-sub...@freebsd.org>,
        "m...@freebsd.org" <m...@freebsd.org>
Subject: RE: usb/176417: [xhci][cam][umass] kernelpanic while removing
 plugged in disk
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 15:25:47 +0100

 >On Monday 25 February 2013 15:09:12 Wouter Oosterveld wrote:
 >> Please not all this happened while the drive was plugged in at the time.
 >>=20
 >> Is the powersafe feature of USB3.0 not understood (if any) by the=20
 >> kernel or something?
 >>=20
 >> -Wouter

 >How long was the drive plugged when this happened? Usually a sudden discon=
 nect means one or more of:

 It was plugged in for 4 days.=20

 >- USB device firmware crashed

 Could be. We use the same type of drive on Windows Servers. Not seen there =
 yet.

 Not tested with this specific drive. Will do.

 >- Cable issue

 Could be.

 Not tested will do.

 >- Power loss or insufficient power

 Drive has its own power. LED is blinking as if in "no connection" or "power=
 safe" (conjecture).