On 3/4/2013 2:20 AM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

Looks like your device is not complying to SCSI standards??

Try this:

usbconfig -d X.Y add_quirk UQ_MSC_NO_INQUIRY

Replug your device.

Thanks. I will try it tonight. The device is a Mediasonic 4-bay enclosure (which apparently do have buggy USB3 implementation).

What is surprising to me is that this combination (i.e. this device with USB2) worked before, and now it doesn't. I've found some other threads related to similar umass issues, and in one of them someone described a case of a memory stick which worked with FreeBSD, but after being used with Linux or Windows, it would no longer work with the same FreeBSD machine. Do devices retain some sort of modifiable configuration data even after power-off?

-Krzysztof