On 10/17/13 01:43, Doug White wrote:
Hey folks,

Sorry, I'm not subbed to the list, please keep me CC'd on replies.

What's the status on fixing xhci for Intel Lynx Point USB cores? I have several
boards with PCHs with this chipset in my lab that have no functional USB if
XHCI is enabled in BIOS on -CURRENT with all of the currently committed USB
changes. Is there anything I can do to help debug this problem? I found PR
179342 but it seems the issues there are resolved -- would going through the
debug procedure there be useful?

Is the problem fixed if you set:

in /boot/loader.conf

The board I am using for testing is:

SuperMicro X10SLM-F -- C226 chipset

I can make this available remotely for testing if needed.

Basically dmesg would do at first.

I also have another board with USB issues -- (dis)connects are not handled
after boot and the IPMI virtual devices don't attach properly, though USB
keyboard works as long as you don't disconnect it:

SuperMicro X9SBAA-F -- Atom S1260 SoC

XHCI is a more high-level controller, and I suspect that the makers have added some propritary glue to switch ports back and forth between XHCI and EHCI which is not documented anywhere.

Thanks very much for any information you can provide.