On 10/17/13 01:43, Doug White wrote:
Hey folks,

Sorry, I'm not subbed to the list, please keep me CC'd on replies.

What's the status on fixing xhci for Intel Lynx Point USB cores? I have several
boards with PCHs with this chipset in my lab that have no functional USB if
XHCI is enabled in BIOS on -CURRENT with all of the currently committed USB
changes. Is there anything I can do to help debug this problem? I found PR
179342 but it seems the issues there are resolved -- would going through the
debug procedure there be useful?

Hi,

Is the problem fixed if you set:

hw.usb.xhci.xhci_port_route=-1

in /boot/loader.conf

The board I am using for testing is:

SuperMicro X10SLM-F -- C226 chipset

I can make this available remotely for testing if needed.

Basically dmesg would do at first.

I also have another board with USB issues -- (dis)connects are not handled
after boot and the IPMI virtual devices don't attach properly, though USB
keyboard works as long as you don't disconnect it:

SuperMicro X9SBAA-F -- Atom S1260 SoC

XHCI is a more high-level controller, and I suspect that the makers have added some propritary glue to switch ports back and forth between XHCI and EHCI which is not documented anywhere.

--HPS

Thanks very much for any information you can provide.