On 06/14/14 20:11, Matthias Apitz wrote:
El día Saturday, June 14, 2014 a las 08:39:42AM +0200, Hans Petter Selasky
escribió:

I can not get any use full traffic dump from them. Someone could point
me to a working tool for Win7. I know, our list deals with FreeBSD
software, but it is some kind of re-engineering why Win7 works with a
device and FreeBSD does not :-)

You might be able to remove "ulpt" driver from the kernel config and
also "mv -i /boot/kernel/ulpt.ko /boot/kernel/ulpt.ko.old" and run Win7
from Virtualbox or a VM and see what happens. Then you can sniff the USB
traffic in the VM USB host.

Hi,
This is for administrative reasons not an option in my office and at
home I do not have Win*.

        matthias

Ok, lets try to figure out the:

in sys/dev/usb/serial/ulpt.c try to comment out:

#if 0
        if (sc->sc_fflags == 0)
                usbd_transfer_start(sc->sc_xfer[ULPT_INTR_DT_RD]);
#endif

In function:

static void
ulpt_watchdog(void *arg)
{
        struct ulpt_softc *sc = arg;

        mtx_assert(&sc->sc_mtx, MA_OWNED);

        /*
         * Only read status while the device is not opened, due to
         * possible hardware or firmware bug in some printers.
         */
        if (sc->sc_fflags == 0)
                usbd_transfer_start(sc->sc_xfer[ULPT_INTR_DT_RD]);

        usb_callout_reset(&sc->sc_watchdog,
            hz, &ulpt_watchdog, sc);
}