Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you test the following kernel patch and give some feedback:
>
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/base/272733
>
> After the patch you will get something like:
>
> hw.usb.disable_enumeration: 0
> dev.uhub.0.disable_enumeration: 0
> dev.uhub.1.disable_enumeration: 0
>
> which is also settable through /boot/loader.conf (tunable)

Thanks, Quick work !
I downloaded, but before use,
I ran a make world as my current was maybe a week or 2 old,
I made a new generic kernel with CTM src-cur.11644.gz ie (latest
CVS as supplied by CTM)
But src/ make all failed so I ran make world, which also failed:
        -------------------
        /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include/dev/usb/usb.h:154:16: note: forward
declaration
              of 'struct usb_device_request'
        typedef struct usb_device_request usb_device_request_t;
                       ^
        19 errors generated.
        *** Error code 1

        Stop.
        make[4]: stopped in /usr/src/lib/libusbhid
        -------------------

In parallel to make world I applied your patches to make & that failed:
        --------
        /sys/amd64/compile/GENERIC
        ../../../dev/usb/usbdi.h:301:5: warning: 'USB_HAVE_COMPAT_LINUX' is not
defined, evaluates to 0 [-Wundef]
        #if USB_HAVE_COMPAT_LINUX
            ^
        2 warnings generated.
        mkdep: compile failed
        *** Error code 1

        Stop.
        make: stopped in /usr/src/sys/amd64/compile/GENERIC
        --------
But that may be because my system is pehaps a couple of weeks old or so.

The latest generic src/ kernel booted OK
        FreeBSD lapr.js.berklix.net 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #1: Wed
Oct  8 17:26:13 CEST 2014
j...@lapr.js.berklix.net:/usr/src/sys/amd64/compile/GENERIC  amd64
        (though I noticed a named: lock order reversal that I will ignore)

When I can get src/ to build (I'm using make -k all now :-),
I'll go back to compiling GENERIC kernel with your changeset/base/272733

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Linux Unix C Sys Eng Consultant Munich http://berklix.com
 Indent previous with "> ".  Interleave reply paragraphs like a play script.