On 05/23/17 16:37, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
On 22.05.2017 15:57, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

What is the occurrence rate of this IOERROR? Once per attach/detach.

Did you try to connect the USB device to a different port and/or USB HUB.

It might also be that the user-space driver tries to reset the device
when it sees this error. To figure that out you'll need to enable
debugging in the UPS software package.
  Hans, as here are some evidences, that Linux doesn't have this problem,
I want to track down it and help you to fix it, if it is fixable on
FreeBSD side (maybe, with some kludge for such devices).

  I know next to nothing about Linux and USB internals, but I'm ready to
test patches, get any dumps, try to boot Linux on this hardware and get
dumps there, etc.

Hi,

You might try to plug the device to Linux and install the same software package and see what happens.

Linux has a tool similar to usbdump, that capture all USB traffic. Maybe this device needs some magic hint to not re-attach all the time.

Linux usually have more quirks than we do in FreeBSD. Try searching the internet for the idVendor and idProduct values.

--HPS