On Tue, 19 Sep 2017, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

On 09/19/17 18:15, Mike Andrews wrote:
<OPEN|TRANSFERRING|STARTED|SHORT_XFER_OK|BDMA_ENABLE|BDMA_NO_POST_SYNC|BDMA_SETUP|CAN_CANCEL_IMMED|DOING_CALLBACK|0> 12:03:37.726830 usbus4.3 SUBM-BULK-EP=00000082,SPD=FULL,NFR=1,SLEN=0,IVAL=0
  frame[0] READ 1024 bytes
  flags 0xa <SHORT_XFER_OK|PIPE_BOF|0>
  status 0xcf023

Hi,

Look for:

XXXX-BULK-EP=00000082

This is the USB read transfer. The other side is not returning any data, so neither is "cu" printing anything. Maybe you can try to get a similar trace from the system where it works?

Looks to me like some kind of protocol error, that the Cisco USB serial console needs some kind of activation.

Took me a few days to get around to getting usbmon going on Linux. The verbose dump is too large for the list, so:

   https://www.bit0.com/tmp/usbmon-ciscoasa-verbose.txt
   https://www.bit0.com/tmp/usbmon-ciscoasa.txt