On 1/3/19 7:04 AM, Matthias Apitz wrote:
I think, we should isolate the problem from PCSC and focus (first) on the
question why are calls to usbconfig(8) are not answered anymore
*without*  any kind of PCSC software being involved as I wrote in the
originating email of this thread. Here it is again in case in got lost
while talking about PCSC:

Hi,

Usually this happens if a user-space component is not closing its device handle while enumeration happens. Can you run pcsd in the foreground with debugging enabled and show what it prints while you plug unplug the device.

Also try setting the hw.usb.uhub.debug=16 sysctl and collect messages in dmesg.

--HPS