On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, Julian Elischer wrote:

Hi,

If I can get some confirmation of this by  others then
the next step would be to simply remove the VIMAGE_GLOBALS option
and all the global variables it covers.

At least that's what seems next to me..

no, the next step is to bring in the beaf (last step).

... beef ...  anyway. The indirection, the real virtualization, the
multiple images, ...  you count my typos;)

I think we had clearly decided (somewhen, somewho) that we want one
version with all three options at the same time.
Once we are confident, hopefully after a few days at that point,
VIMAGE_GLOBALS will go away.

So please do not rape that out. In two months there were no real
accidents wrt. VIMAGE_GLOBALS even with all the larger changes that
went in. I think it's safe to keep them another 4-6 weeks.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                      The greatest risk is not taking one.