Marko Zec wrote:
On Sunday 10 May 2009 16:41:52 Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
Hi
I've installed a fresh copy of this months snapshot, updated src via
cvsup, made a copy of the GENERIC config file, added 'options VIMAGE' &
'nooptions SCTP' & compiled & installed it, on boot the system panics
with the error:
panic: in /usr/src/sys/net/if.c:485 if_alloc()
  vnet=0 curvnet=0
cpuid = 0

photo of panic:
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3297/img1057e.jpg

Any ideas??

/usr/src/sys/net/if.c is v1.328 if that helps.

It seems that the USB code should set the curvnet context when attaching and detaching ifnets (rum0 in your case), which it currently does not. I'll look into this in the next few days - thanks for the report!

Marko

I've tried to compile a new kernel once again after updating src, this time it bombs out during the build process.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6164/img1064.jpg

Sevan / Venture37