On Tue, 7 Sep 2010, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

in a way to work on something I needed to be able to at least load pf
on my VIMAGE development machine.  So I quickly hacked together a
patch that does exactly that.  I hope it'll apply to HEAD or stable/8
but I didn't test on either.

This will NOT allow you to use pf with jails+vnet but should allow
using pf in the base system even if VIMAGE is enabled.  In case it
still panics for you, let me know and include a backtrace in your

even though the patch seems to apply cleanly to a stable/8 tree,
here's the one from SVN on that rather than perfoce/HEAD:

It survives a GENERIC, LINT and LINT-VIMAGE build on RELENG_8 at

Bjoern A. Zeeb                              Welcome a new stage of life.