Hi Sevan,

I can now make a guest panic if I assign 4GB or more RAM.

What are the memory params you are using in this case ?

I've not made any changes on the host such as reserving memory.
I'm starting the VM like so:
-m 4096

Ah - that actually won't work. There has to be space for PCI MMIO decode below 4GB, so it's usually best to use up to say 2 or 3GB of RAM below the 4GB mark, leaving 1GB for PCI decode, and then put the remainder of your memory above 4G e.g. for 4GB total RAM, and using 2GB below 4G

 -m 2048 -M 2048

 and an example 8G system:

 -m 2048 -M 6144

 We should really error out on values too large for the '-m' parameter.